When I found out that Van Gogh Alive was coming to Australia, you can bet I immediately reserved tickets. I love Van Gogh have always been fascinated by the meaning behind his art, the colours, the melancholy and soft joy in his art, his moods and his story. I loved it, it was dreamy and it was my type of perfect date night! So gentle, so rough, so light, so dark, so lively, so intertwining, so genius.
🌻🌌🌙🎨
"It is good to love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and
whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in
love is well done"
"Normality is a paved road: It’s comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it"
"I put my heart and soul into my work, and I have lost my mind in the process"
"I often think that the night is more alive and more richly coloured than the day"
"Do not quench your inspiration and your imagination; do not become the slave of your model”
"As we advance in life it becomes more and more difficult, but in fighting the difficulties the inmost strength of the heart is developed"
"If you work with love and intelligence, you develop a kind of armour against people's opinions, just because of the sincerity of your love for nature and art. Nature is also severe and, to put it that way, hard, but never deceives and always helps you to move forward"
"It is only too true that a lot of artists are mentally ill- it’s a life which, to put it mildly, makes one an outsider. I’m all right when I completely immerse myself in work, but I’ll always remain half crazy"
Vincent Van Gogh
